THE FURNITURE BARN WARRANTY
The Furniture Barn Bunbury Pty Ltd ACN 600 076 211 and our successors and assigns (“Furniture Barn”, “we”, “us” and “our”) provides this warranty (“Warranty”) for its products that have been purchased in Australia via our online store.
This Warranty is subject to the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), including Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“Australian Consumer Law”). The benefits provided in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this Warranty relates.
The Warranty period commences from the date of sale, and the period of the Warranty varies from item to item. The Warranty period will be stated in the product description advertised and on your sale order. Repaired or replaced Goods or parts carry only the unexpired portion of the original Warranty period.
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair (at our election) of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear or other exclusions set out in these terms, or a natural characteristic of the material used.
The Warranty is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original order only. The Warranty only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes products used for commercial or non-domestic purposes.
This Warranty will not apply if any of the following apply.
(1) Repairs to a product are made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by us in advance.
(2) The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions as provided with the product.
(3) The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner for example if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, cleaned improperly, not maintained properly or used after partial failure.
(4) The product was a sales / clearance product or floor sample made on an ‘as is’ basis.
(5) The product is used for commercial or non-domestic use.
(6) The product is damaged due to storage, handling, transportation or improper disassembly or assembly.
(7) The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories.
(8) The product is tampered with in any way.
(9) The product's serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
LEATHER CARE & WARRANTY
Dust, dirt and perspiration are the main causes of leather damage. Every leather lounge has a protective, clear coat called the “Tanner's” coat. Once this breaks down, leather can discolour; in fact, colour can literally start to peel off. Cleaning and conditioning the leather regularly keeps this “Tanner's” coat from breaking down.
Leather warranty on Dixie Cummings leather and other 100% cowhide leather products from Furniture Barn is 12 months. This warranty is void if you fail to take appropriate care of the leather.
Recommendations for caring for leather are:
(1) Once a week, wipe down the lounge with a damp cloth wet with water to remove any dust and dirt.
(2) Every 3-6 months, use an approved leather cleaner and conditioner to clean and condition the leather. This regularity with which you clean and condition depends on the amount of use the lounge gets. For example, if you use the lounge for hours each day, then you should clean and condition it every 3 months.
(3) White leather in particular is very susceptible to dye transfer from denim jeans.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To claim under the Warranty (including the leather warranty), you must return the product for repair/inspection to your store of purchase, and pay for the associated costs (including any freight and insurance charges), unless the costs are significant in which case, we will arrange for the product to be assessed either at your premises or ours at our cost.
We will assess the product to determine the nature of the issue, whether you are entitled to a remedy, and the remedy that will be made available to you. Sometimes we may have to forward the product to the manufacturer or repair agent and liaise with them.
Before a claim can be commenced, we require the original purchase receipt from you as proof of purchase and a description of the defect or damage in relation to which you are making a claim under the warranty. If the original receipt cannot be provided, we may accept alternative proof of purchase at our discretion.
We will do our best to resolve the issue in a timely manner. For any queries, please call Furniture Barn on the store number provided on your tax invoice or the telephone number provided in ‘Our Contact Details’ section below.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
The Furniture Barn Bunbury Pty Ltd ACN 600 076 211
Address: 1g/42 Strickland Street, Bunbury WA 6230
Contact Number: 08 9721 6144